I refuse to subscribe to the notion of salads having to be boring mountains of green that one has to chew their way through sans taste and only being motivated by the fact that it’s as healthy as you can get! By the 10th forkful of grass-like lettuce you’re ready to throw in the towel and reach into your drawer for those oreos. NO WAY ! I take pride in creating elaborate yet easy salads which are wholesome, packed full of nutrition and most importantly scrumptious. This is one of my favorites
Servings - 4
Time : 20 mins
You will need :
1) Bring out your kitchen snipping scissors and snip the chicken breasts into small strips or pieces in a large marinating bowl. In a tiny bowl, dry mix the coriander and garlic powder and then add to the chicken in the marinating bowl. Ensure all the chicken pieces are well coated. Leave to stand for about 15 minutes. Alternatively leave for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
2) Use this time to slice your peppers up into thin long strips
3) In a skillet, stir-fry the marinated chicken strips till cooked through.
4) Next add the peppers into the skillet with the chicken and toss them about for a few minutes. I like to preserve the peppers’ crunch and so don’t cook them too much.
5) Remove the skillet from the heat and add in the chickpeas, red kidney beans and about a handful of the sliced olives. Mix all components together
6) In a serving plate/bowl grab about 2-3 handfuls of the mixed salad leaves. Over them drizzle about a tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar.
7) Now add the chicken-peppers-chickpea-kidneybean-olive mixture over the leaves and attack with a fork. GLORIOUS indeed huh ;-)
Juggling many roles from physician to writer to pilates instructor to Marketing-PR executive, Dr. Daamini is constantly pushed and inspired to get creative on how to encompass a Retreat into her daily life.