I love cake. Who doesn’t really? I could live off cake. Literally! But these days I’m becoming more and more reluctant to waste precious ‘cheat meal allowance’ on a slice of cake. And as always, that was just the push I needed to get creative.
My collection of protein powder flavors offer an unbelievable palate to experiment and create and this prOat (protein-oat) cake #RYEcipe is a wonderful blend of vanilla cake and chocolate frosting (mmmmm….)
Bragging rights of this #RYEcipe 🙂
(1 serving = 1 square)
Calories : 104 calories
Sugar : 3.5g
Protein : 10.9g
Servings - 16
104 - Calories
Time : 25 mins
You will need :
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2) Dry mix the oats, vanilla protein powder and stevia first.
3) To this dry mixture add in the Greek Yoghurt and make a batter
4) Spoon the batter into a 29cm x 29cm baking pan, which is lightly greased. Bake at 180 for 15-17 minutes till golden crust forms on top. (makes 16 square cakes)
5) For the frosting, dry mix the ingredients in a bowl and add water little by little to make a frosting like consistency. Lather this atop the baked cakes and GORGE GUILT-FREE ;-)* store in the fridge
Juggling many roles from physician to writer to pilates instructor to Marketing-PR executive, Dr. Daamini is constantly pushed and inspired to get creative on how to encompass a Retreat into her daily life.