SOUPER GREEN POWER SOUP
MAKES ENOUGH FOR 4 HUNGRY PEOPLE, including leftovers
Servings - 4
What You Need
In the Shopping Basket
What You Do
1. Set the oven to 200. Roast garlic in oven with olive oil, salt and pepper for 30min-40min. I like to break the garlic bulbs into pieces and then squeeze out the cloves after they are cooked, but do what ever way you like to roast garlic.
2. In a big pot, throw in the bag of frozen spinach, bag of peas, the stock cube and cover with enough water so there is an inch or so above all the vegetables. Medium heat until everything starts to bubble. Cover for 10-20min on low heat, or until everything is soft. Season with cayenne and pepper to taste. Turn off and allow to cool. Add two massive handfuls of fresh mint.
3. Add 1/2 bulb of roasted garlic to soup mix. Save other half for garnish
4. Using Blender (follow instructions for your blender, it may come with a container to pour the soup mixture in for safer blending), blend everything until it is as mushy as you would like, you may want it souper-smooth, or you may like it a lil chunky like me.
3. Re-heat soup. Heat up lentils and chickpeas in separate pots.
4. Cut cucumber into quarters, chop avocado, slice up lime, cut cilantro leaves. Crush mixed nuts: can either put in a sandwich bag and smash with the bag of a big spoon, or can use a mechanical blender. I pref smashing with a spoon, so much more fun! De-seed pomegranate unless bought the seeds separately (hey, I’m in Dubai, you can buy everything prepped!)
5. Pour soup into 4 bowls. Pour a pile of lentils in the middle and some chickpeas on top. Throw some cucumber and pomegranate seeds over the top. A 1-2 tablespoons of crushed nuts and crack some pepper over the top. A Squeeze of lime or a wedge for garnish will go down a treat. Those whole love some hardcore garlic action, throw a couple of roasted pieces on there too.
Juggling many roles from physician to writer to pilates instructor to Marketing-PR executive, Dr. Daamini is constantly pushed and inspired to get creative on how to encompass a Retreat into her daily life.